Thursday, March 13, 2014

Chalk board sign

It is my birthday month so kohls sent me a $10 gift card and I found this project piece.

It wasn't a color I liked but I did like that it has a chalk board and cork board! This was 75% off for a grand total of $23.00 still kind of pricey but with my free $10 giftcard I couldn't pass it up for $13.00!

At first I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it then it hit me, perfect for the nursery! So I painted it turquoise chalky color. 
Turquoise paint plus white dry non-sanded grout mixed in. 
I did two coats and I loved it!

I knew it needed something more so I added a fushia flower with wood glue. (had the flower laying around in my craft junk drawer.)
And for the final touch I wanted to add Kylie Sofia on it so I went to hobby lobby use a coupon and bought these stickers for $1.89
And monogramed the board for K's nursery.


This adorable makeover cost under $15.00 and was so easy to make.



Here is the final product hung up!


No comments:

Post a Comment