Saturday, February 8, 2014

Wall decal gone wrong but fixed it :)

So I was super excited to get this beautiful wall decals to stick up in the nursery. Dots and a name one. Unfortunately they did not stay up here is what they looked like for like 5 hours...


Thankfully the company refunded my money so I decided to buy letters from hobby lobby. 50% off so they were $1.50 each. I painted them turquoise and then went to the thrift shop to find a cheap frame. $9.69 worked for me!
First step was making sure the letters would fit and boy it's a tight squeeze
Hopefully I can hang it up just right, fingers crossed.
I took off the glass and back part
Here it is
Brought it outside (excuse or dead grass it snowed last night)
Used the white spray paint from Walmart $1.00
I ended up doing two coats but I do like the rustic look to it here.

Here is the final project of the frame.

Next my lovely father in law and husband hung it up over the crib.

Tada for less than $20 we made a fun name wall decor for baby K's nursery.




No comments:

Post a Comment